Monday, January 5, 2009

I don't do resolutions, but....

This year I am making a list of "resolutions" these are actually things that I would just like to strive to accomplish.....

1) I want first and foremost to strive to be closer to God each and every day. I want to be the christian that I feel inside and show it to others on the outside.

2) I am going to kick my weightwatchers into gear. I've decided that if I focus on something other than just normal things I will be more likely to succeed!

3) I am starting The Love Dare from the movie Fireproof. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have it already pre-bought because I LOVED Facing the Giants. If you haven't seen Facing the Giants than you need too. It will give you inspiration and know that with God ALL things are possilbe. (Plus it's exactly what Kenny and I are going through right now in our own personal lives... maybe not the football season, but everything else that they go through!) I want to make sure that our marriage is truely God centered and that I do everything I can to make sure that He sees the love and respect that I have for him constantly. I already show him these things, but for instance... Day 1: Love is Patient you are suppose to not say one negative thing towards your spouse all day long (even if it is about work, friends, life, etc.) This is going to be easy since I'm not dealing with Parents today! LOL!

4) Next, I resolve to study and prepare myself more for my Youth Program. That means more time to dig into the Bible and really reflect on God's word and what I'm teaching along with it, be it Team K.I.D.'s material or just plain Sunday School Curriculum!

5) Last but not least, I resolve to take more time for myself, be it by alone time to just read my bible and meditate on the things that God has given me for the day, a trip to the grocery store by myself so I can just praise the Lord through my music, or to just simply buy myself a new shirt once in a while! (That is after I lose some weight! :) Ha!) I just think that sometimes we get so caught up in all of the other things in life that we tend to forget about our own selves!

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment