Sunday, January 11, 2009

Doctor Round 4... Ding Ding Ding

So.... tomorrow I go to the doctor yet again to have another ultrasound. Puke... I really am getting sick of going to the doctor for no logical reason at all. Well you know we've been doing the Love Dare from Fireproof and the other nights dare was to ask your spouse to name 3 things that sorta annoy them about you and to just take it in with no anger but to think about and meditate on so you can work on changing them. So I prayed about it all day dreading it because I knew it was going to be tough to hear. That night came and here goes Kenny: yada yada yada yada yada yada and last but not least, he tells me that he never really wanted to me take the Femara for fertility because he was concerned about it messing with my body. HELLO..... why wasn't this brought to my attention 4 months ago. Geez. I then proceeded to try and "calmly" explain that I just took the doctor's advice because she knew what was best... after all she herself couldn't have her own children without Invitro Fertilization. So I had been really worried about my Grandpa all day anyways due to his heart surgery and then I felt like Kenny didn't even think that it was worth worrying about that we weren't getting pregnant. It kinda hurt my feelings because he made it sound like a year and 4 months wasn't very long at all to be trying and I realize that there are a lot of people who try for years (my boss didn't get a child until after 11 years of trying and that was adoption and then it had been 15 years total by the time she finally had her own baby! I'm afraid I would have gone crazy!) but still it hurt my feelings. I know i was just being selfish, but I think that men don't really understand how emotional it is to try and then wait for the end of the month to just be disappointed time after time. They really don't have to do anything other than "the deed." It's not their bodies that go through all the mess either. They get to enjoy getting excited and ready for the baby to come, but not the pains and other stuff that comes with pregnancy or trying to get pregnant for that matter! Men just don't understand! I pray that God will give Kenny just a little insight into the emotions and pain that comes with us trying to have a baby. Maybe then he would understand just a little of how hard it truely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment