Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Updates from the doctor and our lives....

Ok, so I have gotten a little behind. Everytime I would get around to doing something things would work out to where I wouldn't be able to post anything, but now I officially have no excuse since I am a Stay at Home Mom now! Anyways, things are running right along. I can't believe that it is already 4 weeks and 2 days until Jade is suppose to be here. Time is really getting away from me, and hopefully I will feel better by tomorrow so I can get some stuff accomplished. It is crazy how quickly this pregnancy has gone. I know I say that everytime, but seriously it has FLOWN BY!

We went back to the doctor on Monday the 31st, and I didn't have a great appointment. As of 8 days ago, I started to get sick with allergies. Ewww, but expected this time of year for me. I always get hacky (if that is a term!). However by the time I finally got to go to the doctor it had changed into more than allergies and I am now getting over an Upper Respiratory Infection! It is horrible. But thank God I can take antibiotics. So that was the first big bummer for me! Secondly, my blood pressure had risen to 130/80-ish which isn't too terribly bad, but it caused concern from Dr. Partridge, Next I had gained 8 pounds in fluids in 2 weeks. It was horrible. My whole head was swollen and I mean it I thought I was going to die. I was actually told that she was glad that I had stopped working Friday because she was getting ready to write me off onto strict bedrest just so I wouldn't have to work. Ugh. So instead of waiting to go back to a 2 week appointment we are on our weekly ones. Dr. Partridge also guessed that Jade was around 4 and 1/2 pounds, which made me feel like I was a bad mom for her being so little, however Kenny did remind me that it was just a guess from feeling her from the outside. Plus, Dr. Partridge wasn't concerned at all about her being that size and that she figures she will just be a little girl. Bummer though because I want a healthy girl, not a teeny tiny baby. We are shooting for a 6 pound princess instead, which is likely she will be by the end of the month!

So, that is all the excitement so far, but I will be better at keeping this updated since I will have more to talk about since we go back weekly. Hopefully I will feel so much better tomorrow that I can actually get a bunch of housework done. I may just have to result to staying up later and sleeping in longer! Ha! Who knows, just be praying that Jade will be healthy, I will finish up with this nasty infection, and that we will be able to get everything done before she gets here! We go back to the doctor on Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day and I will post more then. At least I will have some indications of whether or not we are actually close to D-Day!

1 comment:

  1. Becca Beth !!! You are already a GREAT MOM! I was 6 pounds NO ounces when i was born, and i probably would have gotten taller if my parents hadn't raised me on fast food chicken! If you are up for it, I would love to take you to lunch when you are in town. (if my work schedule allows)
    But if the doctor says bed time, I can wait until Jade is here. I am so excited! Y'all are in my family's prayers.

    Hi Kenny!
    Hi Jade!

    Talk to you soon,
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete