Monday, September 21, 2009

Doctor's Appointment and MEGA updates!

Well I guess all we can say is we are sure glad that we had our maternity pictures made Saturday. It looks like they were taken just in the nick of time. We were 38 weeks Saturday and Jade is doing great!

Here goes all the exciting/semi-scary news... Today we had our regular weekly appointment. I noticed when she took my Blood pressure it was higher than normal. 140/84. Super high for me, but not really that crazy high. When we got called back almost immediately I should have figured something out. As soon as our nurse came in she checked my blood pressure again and this time it was higher than a few minutes ago. 144/86. Ugh. I had to lay down and wait on the table. By this time Kenny is about to panic anyways. She proceeds to check it a couple more times and it finally was down to 138/84. Anyways, Dr. P checks me out and guess what NOTHING HAD CHANGED. Jade had actually moved her head back up into me farther instead of down. Dr. P said that she had been having a strange gut feeling about my delivery anyways, and that she was very concerned about my blood pressure. I have also swelled greatly since yesterday. She is already calling me a mild pre-eclamptic. We were told to be prepared to deliver via C-section because she is not letting Jade stay in there much longer and that we will start coming every 3-4 days now instead of weekly. I am also to go straight to the hospital if I have a headache or start seeing stars. I am also suppose to take it very easy until Thursday. Just kinda relaxing so if you are coming to Jill's Pampered Chef party tomorrow night, I am going to be the best host ever... mainly because I won't be talking much. Ha! Lauren really wants Jade to come on Thursday because she will be here on the weekend and she wants to meet her! I don't blame her at all. We are very anxious to hold her and we want to have the safest delivery for me and Jade that we can.

So if my blood pressure isn't back down or if I still haven't made any progress than it looks like Thursday could be D day! But she said more than likely for sure Jade should be born by next Thursday the 1st of October. Be keeping us in your prayers, mainly that God will just make things right for us one way or the other, but it really wouldn't hurt my feelings too much to be able to hold her in my arms by Thursday night! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love you! And I will be praying for you and Jade! We DEFINITELY have to do lunch before you have her! So tomorrow and Wednesday if you feel up to it. I will text you!

    ReplyDelete