Tuesday, April 14, 2009

15 Weeks and All of our Memories!

I am so proud of Kenny Emitt! He is the one who picked out THE bedding! We even ordered it and it has since came in. I am LOVING it! Last week my mom and Julie and Jill came over and helped me move the office into the hunting room! Well it worked out great because we actually organized as we went along so we have everything in it's place back there minus some little details like buying a BIG bookcase for all of my books and important folders for trainings. We will keep our little bookcase in the nursery even though it won't match the furniture at all, but it is a collection of all the books that I've ordered double of just in case one day we had a baby of our own.

I was talking to Kenny last night and we can't believe that come this November it would have been 2 years that we started trying to have a family. Thank God that we will have our own little one to hold come that time, but it made us really stop and thank God for his blessings. Not very many people realize the struggle that it had on our marriage, our relationships with other people, my own personal struggles with depression during the whole thing because it technically was a ME problem that was causing us to fail time after time.

We praise the Lord for such a wonderful doctor that I had the amazing opportunity to have ever since I started going for yearly check ups (shortly after I started seeing her, she quit taking patients!!! Hmmm!). I now realize that that was all in God's plan. Dr. Partridge is an AMAZING christian woman. I found out that when we were both Freshmen in College, we not only went to the same school, not only lived in the same dorm, but we also lived in the exact same ROOM!!!! Crazy I know! She helped me overcome the first round of problems that started at an early age. Later on I would find out that she herself couldn't have her children on her own. She was an infertility patient and her and her husband both are OBGYN'S. They knew the struggles but never thought they would have to go through them. After many unsuccessful treatments they finally have 2 beautiful kids through IN-VITRO. God had their plans already lined out too, but it takes a valley and a climb to see the glory. She helped me so much while I would go in month after month, through the tears (which she not only watched me cry, but cried with me herself), through the failed attempts, and finally through the getting pregnant stage. When Kenny met her for the first time, she didn't say a word, but when she walked through the door she started screaming and jumping up and down waving her arms in excitment. (How many doctors would actually do that now?). We truely are blessed to have her as our doctor. Every month when we see her she writes a note at the bottom of the sheet and says "Come back in however many weeks WITH ME!!!" (All caps!) Thank you God for our doctor!

Now as we start the 15 week stage, our little baby is around 4 1/2 inches long and weighs about the same size of a large navel orange. It's eyes are moving from side to side, it has more coordination, strength, and the smarts to wiggle it's fingers, toes, and even suck it's thumb! Awwww. It's breathing, sucking, and swallowing, and becoming more and more active by kicking, flexing, and moving it's arms and legs! What a cute BEBE as Julie calls it.

Everyone is saying it's a boy, but last night Jill had a dream that when we went in the doctor said it's a girl! Ha! Who knows. I am just so excited to be having a baby that we don't care what it is! We schedule that appointment in a couple of weeks and we're pushing for the first of May! Hopefully we'll get an early ultrasound! I'm going to put a poll up like Holly did for people to guess what we're having!

No comments:

Post a Comment